Parents Association (HSPA)
Heytesbury School Parents Association (HSPA)
Heytesbury is a small village primary school with a real sense of community – the HSPA is a valuable part of that community providing a link between the parents, their children, the school and other interested parties such as Hedgehogs Pre-school, the church and local businesses. The HSPA is a dedicated team of volunteers who meet approximately once a term to brainstorm, plan and organize social and fundraising events and activities. Whilst every parent is an automatic member of the HSPA, the group is led through the committee.
The current committee officers are:
Chair: Mrs Angela Few
Vice Chair: Mrs Simone Bennett
Secretary: Mrs Nicky Gerring
Other committee members:
Mrs Laura O’Neill: Parent
Mrs Sally Lock: Teaching Assistant
Mrs Carole Godfrey: Head Teacher
During the academic year 2017 – 2018, the HSPA organised the following to help raise additional funds:
- cake sales
- Christmas fayre
- children’s discos
- Refreshments for various events, eg sports day
- ‘Bag to School’ collection
- Mums’ movie night
- pancake breakfast
- ice lolly Fridays
During the academic year 2017 – 2018, funds raised were used to:-
- £150 to support the work of The School Council;
- £308 support the maintenance of ‘Isobel’s Garden’ (the garden area at the school entrance in memory of Isobel Hedley (a former pupil who passed away, aged 7 )
- £100 to each class for ‘sundries’ eg cooking ingredients, particular resources for a topic
- £270 to subsidise class tips
- £300 to subsidise residential visit to Isle of White
- £65 disco
- £1500 for refurbishment of Early Years outside learning area.
The HSPA is extremely grateful to the support from parents and friends throughout the academic year – without this help the HSPA would not be able to provide those “extras” for the children, or provide subsidies for activities, school trips etc.
Please let us know if you would like to be on the committee, help at an event, or if you have a suggestion for a fund fundraising activity/event.