This is an image of a pupil using an interactive whiteboard


We warmly welcome visits from prospective parents and/or carers and their children.

Please ring the school office on 01985 840429 to arrange a convenient time to see the school in action and meet us.

Click here to see our admission policies

When can my child start school?

Most children start school in the September following their fourth birthday. However, by law a child does not have to start school until the term following their fifth birthday.

Child's Birthday Start School
1 September 2018 to 31 August 2019 September 2023
1 September 2019 to 31 August 2020 September 2024
1 September 2020 to 31 August 2021 September 2025

All reception age children are offered full time places when they start at our school. If parents want their child to attend part time from September or to delay entry until later on in the academic year, please contact us directly to arrange this.

How to apply for a place at this school

The deadline for applications is the 15th of January in the year in which your child is due to start school.       

Applications must be made via Wiltshire Council, please click on the link below which will take you to their application portal.

Wiltshire residents should apply online here: Apply for a School Place

Non-Wiltshire residents should apply to their own local authority for a place in this school. This also applies to families planning to move to the area (except service personnel, see below).

In the event of oversubscription, we will apply our Admissions Policy's criteria for determining priority of admission (see Admissions Policy on our Policies & Key Documents page).

Heytesbury Primary School reserves the right to request parents to verify their child’s birth date by producing a birth certificate or other official document.

In Year Transfers and transferring from another school

To transfer your child to Heytesbury Primary School, you should apply online through Wiltshire Council using this link: 

Online application form for In Year Transfer


Applications from service personnel moving into Wiltshire

When applying for a school place, children of UK Service personnel (HM forces) or other crown servants are treated as meeting the residency criteria for a particular area, even if they don’t yet own a house in the county. Until a fixed address is available, the unit address of the military base will be used and a school place allocated accordingly.

Parents are advised to attach proof of their posting to the transfer application form and a letter of support from the commanding officer if the posting note does not indicate the housing arrangements.

If your child will be starting school in September with the normal round of admissions, parents must send proof of their posting to the county.

Arrangements for the admission of children with an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP)

Please contact the SEND team at Wiltshire Council on 01225 718095.

Arrangements for the admission of pupils with disabilities

Upon notification of a forthcoming admission of a pupil with disabilities, the school liaises with parents, the child’s current school or nursery and, where appropriate, external agencies in order to provide a good transition into our school.